SIGNING UP FOR TUTORING
Our tutoring courses are set up in series. Each series is 6 hours. You must sign up for at least one series. Let’s get started. First, book a one hour appointment. Next complete the billing page and pay. You will receive a confirmation email. During our first tutoring session, we will schedule the remaining five appointments and send you the invoice. These sessions must be paid before the next tutoring session.
SAT Test preparation sessions provide tutoring on the vocabulary, critical reading, and mathematics sections of the SAT test.
You must sign up for a minimum of 6 hours of tutoring. Select the date and time you want to schedule the first tutorial services. Add additional days and times to the Additional Information section at checkout. We will send a confirmation email or alternative dates available.
HOW LONG IS EACH SESSION?
The length of each session depends on how many hours of tutoring you choose, the minimum being 6. Based on your total number of hours, sessions will be broken up into increments of 1, 1.5, or 2 hours long. For the student’s benefit, the maximum length of each session is limited to 2 hours long.
DO YOU OFFER ANY GUARANTEES FOR SCORE INCREASES?
We do not guarantee score increases because parents have the option to select a minimum of only 6 hours, and we cannot guarantee score increases for only 6 hours of SAT test preparation. However, based on our past track record, when students complete 30 hours of one-on-one SAT test preparation with an ILC tutor and prepare outside the tutorial time as recommended, we have seen scores increase as high as 100 points.
HOW DOES ILC COMPARE TO OTHER PROGRAMS?
1. Unlike many other programs, we do not offer classes. We specialize in one-on-one tutoring.
2. ILC tutoring costs thousands of dollars less than similar programs. You will save money without sacrificing services.
3. We begin by making sure students understand concepts, and then we expose them to strategies for answering correctly.
4. We provide students with a time management plan that leads towards academic success.
5. We help students avoid wrong responses that reveal a lack of conceptual understanding (built-in traps).
6. We offer simulations and immediate scoring to gauge progression.
7. We provide students will access and connections to other role model students who have scored perfect or near perfect on the SAT. Encouragement from successful peers can be a valuable motivator.
8. We host parent seminars, free of charge to existing clients, so you can hear what other parents do to entice their children towards academic success.
9. We provide parents with presentations from experts in educational statistics, measurement, and psychometrics—these are people who are familiar with how questions are developed and validated. They will explain how test questions are created and become standard questions on standardized tests like the SAT.